Friday, July 11, 2008

Iron-E


I may be away from a computer for a bit, and didn’t want my last posts to be my week-long legacy, so instead I’m going to comment on two of my favorite movies of this summer.

IRON MAN and WALL-E.

One of the things that I think made both movies appealing to such large audiences is their moderate politics.

Wall-E: Machines and comfort can be good things, but moderation people – please!
Iron Man: Warmongering is evil; but sometimes you do have to kick some butt.

See what I mean?

That got me to thinking of other ways that the two movies are similar.

Wall-E upgrades himself by using cast off machine parts.
Iron Man upgrades himself by using cast off weapons parts.

Wall-E is a machine with a human heart.
Iron Man is a human with a machine heart.

Wall-E uses a fire extinguisher for great momentum.
Iron Man uses a fire extinguisher for great comic effect.

Wall-E’s love interest was designed by Apple.
Iron Man’s love interest has a daughter named Apple.

Wall-E’s best friend is a hard to crush, slimy vermin.
Iron Man’s business partner is hard to crush, slimy vermin.

Wall-E lives in a world of trash.
Iron Man lives in Los Angeles.

Wall-E fights to save a small, green plant.
Iron Man fights and destroys a small power plant.

What’s on your list?

Just my thoughts,

Sean

No comments: