Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Good Ol' Charlie Brown


Special thanks to my book club, and more to the point Susan Kelly for putting me on to today’s topic.

To this day, I identify with Charlie Brown.

Growing up, I thought I was Charlie Brown. I even had a crush on a little red-haired girl.

And every Christmas I preach on the significance of Charlie Brown’s television special – which just happened to have aired for the first time within a couple of months of my birth.

So I was delighted to find this NPR: In Character program devoted to Charlie Brown.

I especially like the take on the character as told by the young kids interviewed. Good ol’ Charlie more impressive than Captain America? I buy that.

So what say you all – is Charlie’s perennial attempt at kicking the football an act of idiocy, or a pure act of forgiveness and faith?

Just my thoughts,

Sean

No comments: