Thursday, January 17, 2008

Who's That, You Say?

There are a lot of ways to work in Hollywood. Sometimes you can even sing for your supper.

I’ve already mentioned my friend Karen Whipple (for her bio, check out Releve Studio’s site), who got to sing for superheroes SPIDERMAN, THE X-MEN and SUPERMAN.

Well, she’s singing for another superhero, a guy that saved the world!

Or, to be more precise, saved a world.

HORTON HEARS A WHO is on its way to the big screen.

Initially that news made me shudder, with visions of the ruination of the Grinch and that hat wearing cat dancing in my head.

But then I saw a trailer – this isn’t a live-action-lets-change-the-story-to-fit-Hollywood adaptation; but rather animation that seems to be sticking to the heart and soul of the original.

And it looks purty durn good to me.

So sing out with me now: Yopp!

Just my thoughts,

Sean

No comments: