Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Letters of Note

I've found a new "favorite" website.  (How many favorites can one have before being suspected of not knowing what the word "favorite" means?)

Letters of Note showcases correspondence "deserving of a wider audience."

Such as this note from a young girl trying to trick Franklin Roosevelt into creating a draft policy that would put her father at the back of the line.


You can find letters from the famous (Mark Twain), the infamous (Harvey Weinstein), and the average citizen.

Look around -- you can see the original letter that prompted the response:  "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus."


If you get lost, send me a postcard, I'll come find you.

Just my thoughts,

Sean

2 comments:

David Goulet said...

How do you get any work done?

Gaffney said...

Oh, right, work. Uh, excuse me for a bit, there's something I gotta do...