Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A Few Thousand Words


My niece, baby Abby, fixing a truck. Good to learn a trade at a young age.



I’ve been telling people that I met part of this American Idol rising star. I met his kidney, or at least the person who had his kidney before he did. Read about it here. Cath and I worked with Walter Cosand and family at the Masterworks Festival.



Friend Cory gave a lecture to some kids at our church on Ash Wednesday. As a teaching prop, he had a bowl of ashes, which he apparently forgot he was holding.

This was the result.

All kinds of metaphors of sins being covered, etc. jump to mind.

But really, its just funny.

Just my thoughts,

Sean

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This picture reminded me of a thought I had on Ash Wednesday. I got a few stares walking the city streets with a black cross on my forehead. It's a little embarrassing, but I felt it was a penance of humility for my faith.

But what about dark skinned people (like my wife)? They don't have the same opportunity to suffer the stares of others, as the ash simply doesn't leap out as it does on my pasty white head.

So...maybe dark skinned Christians should have the cross on their forehead made with white chalk dust?

Fair is fair.