Friday, November 14, 2008

How Scenery Becomes Real

In our pre-work walk this morning, Cath was telling me about the tech for ALICE IN WONDERLAND (see previous post).

She included a comment about Shon’s (the director) idea for flying in a sheet of duvateen fabric to create the rabbit hole.

“You have a duvateen rabbit hole?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she replied.

I couldn’t resist.

“Does Shon love it? Is it real?”

I’m telling you this because all I got from Cath was a withering look.

Someone out there must find this as giggle-worthy as I did…

Just my thoughts,

Sean

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha

Anonymous said...

Some eerie/yucky thoughts about Miss Alice and Wonderland and the author Lewis Carroll - the pen name of mathematician/logician Charles Ludwig Dodgson...opium addict (explains most of Alice in Wonderland - doesn't it), fascinated with his neighbor/reverend's little girl and enjoyed taking pictures of her - that's right, her name was Alice. My student's get a little freaked out by all this when they research him for a math research paper.

Enjoy your next show- yech!

Gaffney said...

Mathematicians can be creepy. Wait - is that what you meant? I knew of the opium, and yes -- it does explain a lot of the book.