Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Shocked

There is a humorous e-mail called “Why We Love Children” floating around (authors unknown). The first vignette is titled: “1. Nudity.” Here it is:


“I was driving with my three young children one warm summer evening when a woman in the convertible ahead of us stood up and waved. She was stark naked! As I was reeling from the shock, I heard my 5-year-old shout from the back seat, "Mom, that lady isn't wearing a seat belt!"”

I like this story, not only because it is funny, but because it is quite G-dly.

We point in shock at all manner of impropriety, while labeling the doers as “bad” for upsetting our sensibilities.

Yet G-d sees past the nudity to the more important fact that one of his kids is putting herself needlessly in harm’s way.

Just my thoughts,

Sean

No comments: