Saturday, April 23, 2011

Life's a Beach

2nd Wednesday and we're on the move again, trading in our Cairns hotel room for a bungalow on Ellis Beach.

And on the beach it is. As I try to figure out how to open the front door and get our luggage inside, Cath spots a couple of dolphins playing in the surf a couple of meters straight out from our front porch.

Naturally, I shake my fists at them and yell, "Hey you kids, get off of my lawn!" But they ignore me.

The one drawback to our location is that we are in the midst of jellyfish season. Which is very different from peanut butter and jellyfish season, which is a very tasty time of year.

But without the peanut butter, jellyfish get unruly and sting people. So we can only swim by heading down the beach and frolicking in a netted area.

Yep, you heard me right - down under the dolphins swim free and it is the humans that swim in the nets. I should start a fundraiser.

The rest of the day we explore the beach and sit and read. Cath is halfway through "The Ale Boy's Feast," and I finish my sci-fi novel.

Then we sleep to the lull of the waves.

Sweet.

Just my thoughts,

Sean

No comments: