Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Shakin' In Me Boots

Warning: This post is not for the faint of heart or weak of stomach.

In keeping with the gross-out standards set in Fear Factor, I expanded my culinary horizons last night by ingesting something that makes my wife shudder.

That’s right, I had a Cap’n Crunch Milkshake.

Product of Carl’s Jr, the dairy delight is, as stated, Cap’n Crunch cereal whipped up into a vanilla milkshake. For those who can’t get enough sugar by mixing the Crunch with plain old 2% milk.

It was an odd experience, in that it tasted like Cap’n without the Crunch.

I have to admit, it confused my brain. I would sip, my brain would say “Crunch!” but then my ears would be like, “What crunch?” and my brain would be like “Cap’n, duh” and my ears would be like “I don’t hear no crunch” and my brain would be like, “Huh, that’s weird.”

And then I would take another sip.

Not sure how I feel about it.

Sure, Cap’n Crunch is the second best cereal in existence – and it’s even nutritious when supplemented with fresh crunchberries. And the semi-liquid form gets rid of the question of left over milk.

But still, the crunch is an important factor in the experience. And without the Crunch, one is left with just Cap’n, which brings up the whole question of lax authority on this guy’s ship – his crew doesn’t even have to address him by the formal, full “Captain.”

Nah, we need the Crunch, just for discipline’s sake, if nothing else.

So I think I come down on the side of, “one try for the novelty factor is enough.”

And wait for the Lucky Charms shake to come out.

Just my thoughts,

Sean

No comments: