Wednesday, October 03, 2007

What Catherine's been reading...

AURALIA'S COLORS
by Jeffrey Overstreet


Magic seeps into a world without color and an adventure begins.

I know Sean will write a more intelligent review of this book (once he has time to finish it!)...but for now, here are my thoughts:

Read it! (really - this is my first thought - mostly because I'm selfish and want to talk to others about the book - but also because I think most people will LOVE it!)

I was absorbed into a gem of a world that reflected dark and light and imagination and sorrow and promise in each of it's facets.

A fantasy. An adventure. A journey. A fully realized other-world.

But no sword fights, or dragons, or old wizards.

Not too girly, not too much war stuff. A good mix.

A great story.

For lack of better words, I shall repeat myself: READ IT!
(You can even click on the title above and there's a link where you can read the first chapter online.)

One warning: Even though it is a gorgeous and complete story - you will want more!

Here are some reviews...in case mine has not already convinced you. :)

"Overstreet's writing is precise and beautiful, and the story is masterfully told."
- Publisher's Weekly on Auralia's Colors

"It's not often one gets to be present at the birth of a classic,but Auralia's Colors is that kind of storytelling.A true delight on so many levels."

- Clint Kelly, author of the Sensations Series: Scent, Echo, and Delicacy

"The best fantasy novel you've never heard of..."
- The Swivet

No comments: