Thursday, June 01, 2006

For Us Mezzobrows

"Slang is language that takes off its coat, spits on its hands, and goes to work."
-Carl Sandburg

Here are some terms found in the Dictionary of American Slang, edited by Maurice H. Weseen, that I think should be brought back into common usage. Join me in my effort by using each term in conversation at least once a day.

Oh, and I should mention, the year of publication is 1934.

Mezzobrows (person of medium or average intelligence)
Monowongler (person who monopolizes the conversation)
Muggle Party (an informal gathering of girls)
Pepitis (enthusiasm for enthusiasm; the doctrine that noise wins victories)
Moronia (the world of morons)
Republicrat (person who is partly republican, partly democrat)

I'd give you some more, but I have to go tote my twilly to a toot.

Just my thoughts,

Sean

No comments: