Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just My Thoughts For This Day


Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words.
- Plautus

Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened.
- Cora Harvey Armstrong

Age is a high price to pay for maturity.
- Tom Stoppard

What most persons consider as virtue, after the age of 40 is simply a loss of energy.
- Voltaire

Every man over forty is a scoundrel.
- George Bernard Shaw

Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
- Jack Benny

Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
- Franz Kafka

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair. 
-Sam Ewing

Youth is a wonderful thing.  What a crime to waste it on children. 
-George Bernard Shaw

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were? 
-Satchel Paige

When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not; but my faculties are decaying now and soon I shall be so I cannot remember any but the things that never happened.  It is sad to go to pieces like this but we all have to do it. 
-Mark Twain

Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle. 
-Bob Hope

I still have a full deck; I just shuffle slower now. 
-Author Unknown

Old age is fifteen years older than I am. 
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

I recently had my annual physical examination, which I get once every seven years, and when the nurse weighed me, I was shocked to discover how much stronger the Earth's gravitational pull has become since 1990. 
-Dave Barry

The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been. 
-Madeleine L'Engle

I don't do alcohol anymore - I get the same effect just standing up fast. 
-Author Unknown

Middle age is when your classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald they don't recognize you 
-Bennett Cerf

Grow old with me!  The best is yet to be. 
-Robert Browning

No comments: