Monday, August 23, 2010

Third Way Mosque Solution

My friend, and good “let’s look at this with clear eyes” debater, sent me a solution to the whole mosque-near-ground-zero thing. David is Canadian, which is perhaps what gave him the distance to not just get caught up in the politics of it all.

The “Third Way” he refers to below is a notion that I keep bringing up; stick around me long enough and you’ll even hear it in my movie reviews.

The idea is that whenever Jesus was given a choice between two options, he typically found a third option, one that confounded expectations while living out true “good news.”

So here is what David sent to me:

“I think I found the Third Way in this dilemma.

“America should not allow the mosque to be built by the Muslim billionaire.

“America itself should fund it and build it.

“On the front will be placed a plaque that reads:

“‘This place of worship and peace was built in memory of the innocent victims of 9/11. It is a gift from the American people.’

“That is carrying the pack the second mile.”

Just David’s thoughts,

-Sean

2 comments:

Robert J Lee said...

I like it a lot.

Linds said...

Your friend Dave is awesome.