Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Speed and Saving

I was going to talk about SPEED RACER today, but instead I got jazzed about something over at Jeff Overstreet’s blog.

So on Speed I’ll race through my thoughts:

It’s not as bad as the critics say.

I enjoyed it.

Everyone I know who isn’t a professional critic that saw it enjoyed it.

It is twenty minutes too long in the middle.

The critic who said, “If I can’t follow it, how can a child?” doesn’t understand that children are much more savvy and attuned to this sort of thing than he is. It’s like saying, “Hey, if I can’t get into the kingdom of heaven, how can a child do it?”

Says more about that speaker than the child.

Okay, so now about Jeff’s blog, Looking Closer Journal.

Dan Merchant wrote a book (now a documentary) with one of the best titles ever:

“Lord, Save Us From Your Followers.”

Jeff talks about. So go read Jeff.

That’s all I wanted to say.

Oh, listen to the Matt Lauer interview. Favorite line, “We are way more comfortable being right than we are about trying to do the hard thing of loving one other.”

Just my thoughts,

Sean

No comments: