Thursday, April 03, 2008

Fishy April 1st

Here’s a few tidbits from some fellas at work:

Jonathan shared this bit of history:

“At my son's school they celebrated "Poison d'Avril" by making paper fish and then sticking them on people's backs. The origins of April Fools Day is that in the olden days the French would stuff the pockets of unsuspecting passersby with smelly fish.”

I think I now understand some of those Monty Python French references now.

This is a quote that David saw fit to pass on:

“Imitation is the sincerest form of television.” -Fred Allen

Speaking of quotes, Jason – who has the job of coming up with a quote for our department, found this one:

“Now and then an innocent man is sent to the legislature.” -Kin Hubbard

Just my thoughts,

Sean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... this is pretty close to a perfect post. You'll notice the "ammo" given to those who enjoy taunting the French, as well as the fabulous quote about politics.

I don't want to claim you were pandering to your audience Sean, but this is a great post and I enjoyed it.

~B.

Anonymous said...

So, it's really April Fish Day!?