Friday, December 01, 2006

Inspired in Traffic

I do a lot of thinking on the road. Maybe because I'm often stuck there on my commute to and from Pasadena. (Lest I sound like I'm the only one in this family who commutes to work, let me admit that Sean sometimes gets tied up by the kitties on his long trek from the bedroom to the office next door.)

So, I'm traveling home this week, stopped, waiting for the Gold Line train, and I see the back of an old car next to me with a dove symbol. First thought: "Oh, a Christian - very cool."

Then, I look closer and the dove is placed right in front of the name of the car (much like the mock-up image below).






Now I think, "How funny - 2 birds next to each other."

Then I think, "How appropriate for the Christian symbolism. The Spirit comes down as a dove and a voice from heaven resounds like thunder."

The ThunderDove. Powerful. Peaceful. Promising. Prophetic.

Make of it what you will. I thought it was pretty cool.

Just my traffic musings,
cath

No comments: