Tuesday, September 19, 2006

More from Hannah

Ah, how I crave to serve with the "May I?" of love.

Yet, even with that love, I have the tendency to think I'm the wrong one for the task, that I am inadequate for serving.

Hannah addresses this too:

"What have we to do with thinking whether we are fit or not fit for service? The Master-workman surely has a right to use any tool He pleases for His own work, and it is plainly not the business of the tool to decide whether it is the right one to be used or not.”

Apparently, it's not up to me to decide who God will use for His purposes.

Reminds me of another quote...

"Every time God intervenes in human history He does two simple things: First he chooses the wrong person. Then He comes up with a seemingly dumb idea." (Donna Partow - Becoming a Vessel God Can Use)

Maybe He knows best. These are simple concepts that still confound me.

--catherine

No comments: