Friday, July 21, 2006

Colbert Reports on Faith

I found this Stephen Colbert clip while over at Jeff Overstreet's, who referred his readers to Mormon2Catholic.

Love the clip. I believe this may hold the most concise, purest explanation of what Unitarianism is that I have ever encountered.

But watch the clip at your own risk; you may be tempted into laughter, as well as a touch of thoughtfulness.

Oh, and a quote from an interview, as the creator of "This Week in G-d" for the Daily Show reconciles his humor with his faith:

Stephen Colbert: " I love my Church, and I'm a Catholic who was raised by intellectuals, who were very devout. I was raised to believe that you could question the Church and still be a Catholic. What is worthy of satire is the misuse of religion for destructive or political gains. That's totally different from the Word, the blood, the body and the Christ. His kingdom is not of this earth."

Just his thoughts for our edification,

Sean

No comments: