Friday, March 24, 2006

Classical Crime Fighter

I was listening to a classical music station the other day (I don't always listen to classical music or read poetry, but you can be sure that when I do I'll brag about it in this blog. It makes you think I'm classy.) Between numbers (that's classical music slang for "songs") the announcer told an interesting story.

It seems that a Florida city was having serious crime problems in its public park. To solve the issue, they put speakers throughout the park, and pumped in classical music.

And the crime rate decreased by 40%.

The classical music lovers weren't sure whether to be insulted (Mozart even drives criminals away!) or validated (Beethoven is so pure, you can't even think criminal thoughts around it!).

I guess we shouldn't be surprised. Even Lucy had a hard time staying crabby while leaning against Schroeder's piano.

Just my thoughts,

Sean

1 comment:

Sarah said...

And plants grow better when classical music is played for them!

;)