Wednesday, May 11, 2011

According to the Letter or the Spirit?

Friend David sent me the link to this article

As a conservative evangelical, I don't like being told this sort of thing. But the guy has got a point.

His last line, where he quotes someone else, really hits it for me:

"As T.S. Eliot once said: The last temptation that's the greatest treason is to do the right thing for the wrong reason. We may have truth and right morals on our side. But our anger and harsh judgments towards those who don't share our truth and morals may well have us standing outside the Father's house, like the older brother of the prodigal son, bitter both at God's mercy and at those who are receiving that mercy."

As a protegee of the prodigal's brother, I get that.

Just my thoughts,

Sean

No comments: