Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Janet's On a Horse


Hello readers.  Look at your blog, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine.
Sadly, your blog isn’t my blog.
Even sadder, it isn’t Janet’s blog.
My week thus far belongs to Quoth the Maven, who has two home runs out of two.
First, she put me on to this detailed explanation of how the fantastic Old Spice “I’m on a horse” commercial was shot.

As a spoiler, the only computer effect is the Old Spice bottle coming up out of the diamonds (plus some clean up).  The whole thing, one incredible shot.
Then today, Janet tickled my funny bone with an old Spy Magazine gag – logical Spock rewording famous song lyrics
For example:  “The leather coverings now encasing my pedal extremities have been manufactured for the specific purpose of ambulatory forward motion.”
Just how Nancy wishes she sang it.
Hop on over and join in coming up with more contemporary versions.
Just my thoughts,
Sean

No comments: