Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wednesday November 28

I have titled this entry of random thoughts by date, because I spent my morning thinking -- and telling people -- that today is Thursday.

It isn't.

The WGA and the Studios are back in talks, and there are rumors that the strike may be over soon. Which is a good thing, because I still have a rant or two in me, and would rather not dwell on ranting.

At work, Jason always posts a quote on his white board. My favorite in a long time:

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

-Jack Handy, Deep Thoughts

On Monday, I was called upon to give a devotional for my church drama group. I used my time instead to explain why A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS is the best Holiday show ever. I will be blogging pieces of that talk in December; but if anyone is in La-la land on December 9th, I have been asked to repeat the chat with Beacon up at Bel Air Pres.

Overheard today on the lot: Someone made an incorrect bank withdrawal -- despite leaving home without her purse, running late, and a host of other irritants that should have prevented her from banking at all. Thinking that maybe someone was trying unsuccessfully to protect her from her error despite herself, she announced:

"Free will is a b**ch."

Amen, sister.

Just my thoughts,

Sean

No comments: